According to Ukrainian legislation egg donors must meet the following criteria:
- age in the range of 18 to 36 years;
- at least one own healthy child;
- in a good health state;
- absence of contraindications for participation in donation program;
- absence of hereditary diseases;
- absence of bad habits such as smoking, drinking, drug addiction.
The procedure of donor’s screening starts from ultrasound examination and several blood tests.
If everything is good at this stage, we move to other examinations which include hormones’ levels (prolactin, TSH, progesterone) TORCH infections, PAP smears, genetic tests (karyotype, cystic fibrosis), HBV, HCV, antibodies to HIV and T. Pallidum, total blood count, etc.
In addition, the potential donor is examined by psychotherapist and General Practitioner to make sure she is in the perfect health state, both physically and psychologically.